st: RE: IV probit and non convergence

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: IV probit and non convergence
Date   Tue, 12 Oct 2010 17:27:27 +0100

You need to look more at your data. Are there high correlations between? Are there inbuilt relations among some of your predictors (e.g. constraints that they sum to a constant)? What happens with pairs of predictors?

Mariana Spatareanu Manole

I am running ivprobit regressions, and I have 4 endogenous continuous
variables -  I can run the regressions with only one endogenous
variable at a time,

but the ivprobit does not converge when I introduce all of them in
the regression.

It keeps on running and displays the following:

Fitting full model

Iteration 0:   log pseudolikelihood = -19244.386
Iteration 1:   log pseudolikelihood = -19243.321  (not concave)
Iteration 35:  log pseudolikelihood = -19242.958  (not concave)
Iteration 36:  log pseudolikelihood = -19242.958  (not concave)

Do you have any suggestions what to do in  cases like this?