st: reverse vincenty

From   H Wright <>
To   <>
Subject   st: reverse vincenty
Date   Tue, 5 Oct 2010 14:41:18 -0700

I have been using the vincenty function to calculate
distances between latitudes and longitudes.  I would now like to find
points that are X miles from a given coordinate.

Is anyone aware of a function that would calculate a latitude  of a new point if all other inputs are know?

For example :

vincenty 41.75499 -124.194   ? -124.194, hav(5)

So I  want to know the latitude of the point 5 miles away on the same longitude?

I looked at the code in the vincenty ado file and it is beyond my mathematical ability to calculate this number myself.

Thank you.