RE: Re: st: saving regress results and variable names i.var#i.var

From   "Benhoen2" <benhoen2@earthlink.net>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: Re: st: saving regress results and variable names i.var#i.var
Date   Mon, 4 Oct 2010 10:23:31 -0400

I just realized the blkgrp values I was searching for are the string labels,
not the values themselves, and therefore, I realize it IS producing results
with usable variable values - not a simple integer series as I had
previously thought.

Thanks again!

-----Original Message-----
From: Benhoen2 [mailto:benhoen2@earthlink.net]
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 10:13 AM
To: 'statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu'
Subject: Re: st: saving regress results and variable names i.var#i.var

Thanks Maarten.  I saved them off and can sleep knowing they are safe.

The more frustrating problem though is how to have the factors in the
interaction variables identified.  The results seem to discard to factor
names. The variable blkgrp (FYI "census blockgroup") has ~1,200 unique
values in the sample (e.g., 89556, 42663, 48335), and the variable pv
("photo voltaic") has two values (e.g., 1=yes, 0=no) and to be useful the
results need to be matched with their identifiers.  The output seems to
discard these names and instead uses a simple integer series (blkgrp pv:
e.g., 1 1, 1 0, 2 1, 2 0,...1199 1, 1199 0, 1200 1, 1200 0).

Is there any way to match the coefficients with their respective blkgrp
factor (obviously I can figure out the pv factor),  i.e., have the results
saved with the underlying variable names?

Ben