re: RE: st: Handbook on impact evaluation with Stata examples

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   <>
Subject   re: RE: st: Handbook on impact evaluation with Stata examples
Date   Mon, 4 Oct 2010 09:29:02 -0400

Adam said

Since it is evident that there are some fairly negative viewpoints on this specific text, I wondered if I may change the direction of this discussion somewhat and ask you all what texts you DO recommend for impact evaluations using Stata.

I can't speak about the three texts listed, but I would recommend (as in my prior posting) Mostly Harmless Econometrics, by Angrist and Pischke, and the article by Austin Nichols:

It will be freely downloadable by Christmas. In the meanwhile, it is readily available for purchase from the SJ website.

                              An Introduction to Stata Programming  |