Re: st: Finding Stata commands

From   Neil Shephard <nshephard@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Finding Stata commands
Date   Mon, 4 Oct 2010 10:55:17 +0000

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Tim <lists@timbp.com> wrote:
> When I think about it, I realise all the Stata commands I use are those that
> were mentioned in my training.
> If I seriously wanted to do propensity score matching in Stata, how would I
> find the correct command?
> (and how do I know that -psmatch2- is the correct command?)
> More generally, how do I find the best command for an analysis I am
> considering but have never used?

Being subscribed to and keeping an eye on Statalist for new commands
is one useful option.

However, you need not be subscribed, you can search the archives of
Statalist for topics similar to your current area/topic of interest
and see what others have asked about on the list before, which should
lead to some useful avenues.

Searching the archives of the various Stata User Group Meetings (see
http://www.stata.com/meeting/proceedings.html) is another avenue, as
are the Stata Technical Bulletin and the more recent Stata Journal
(most should be thrown up by -findit- though).

Neil

--
"Our civilization would be pitifully immature without the intellectual
revolution led by Darwin" - Motoo Kimura, The Neutral Theory of

Email - nshephard@gmail.com
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/