st: Fwd: FW: output tables after xtlogit using outreg2

From   Abhimanyu Arora <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Fwd: FW: output tables after xtlogit using outreg2
Date   Mon, 4 Oct 2010 06:52:08 +0200

Dear statalist
With regard to my post
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-10/msg00012.html, please
find below the solution.
Best regards
Abhimanyu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Abhimanyu Arora <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 6:45 AM
Subject: FW: output tables after xtlogit using outreg2
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

________________________________
From: Roy Wada [[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 6:23 AM
To: Abhimanyu Arora
Subject: RE: output tables after xtlogit using outreg2

Hi Abhimanyu,

Below is the answer to your question. Do me a favor and send it to the
Statalist. It will save me from having to answer the same question in
the future.

You want to match variables across equations. There a few ways to do
this. There is an undocumented option called -eq(auto)-. This works
95% of time.

cd c:/
use union, clear
xtset idcode year
xtlogit union age grade i.not_smsa south##c.year,
outreg2 using table,ctitle(RE) word replace eq(auto)
xtlogit union age grade i.not_smsa south##c.year, fe
outreg2 using table,ctitle(FE) word append eq(auto)

Another way is to create a sub-option called -eqmatch-. You can just
stick it in to the top of your do-file. In the following example, the
equation rep78 is matched to the equation trunk.

prog drop _all
prog define eqmatch
 syntax anything
 gettoken one two: anything
 local one=trim("`one'")
 local two=trim("`two'")
 split varname, parse(":") gen(_varname)
 replace eqname="`one'" if eqname=="`two'"
 replace report=eqname+":"+_varname2
end

sysuse auto, clear
ologit rep78 foreign mpg
outreg2 using myfile, replace nocons
ologit trunk foreign mpg
outreg2 using myfile, ststr(eqmatch rep78 trunk) nocons

The third way is use -eqmatch(   )- option. This is not avail on the
public version because I didn't feel like updating it ssc.

Thanks,

Roy