RE: st: automatically adjusting for bias in antilog transformation?

From   Tatyana Deryugina <tatyanad@mit.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   RE: st: automatically adjusting for bias in antilog transformation?
Date   Fri, 1 Oct 2010 13:19:42 -0400

Thank you for the article reference! It was a very informative read.
Unfortunately, I'm still not sure how I can do what I'd like to do.
Suppose I have a model Y = exp(ax_1+bx_2+Z'c+epsilon), where Z is a
large number of controls. What I want to compute is E(Y|X_1,X_2 = 0) -
E(Y|X_1=x_1,X_2 = x_2) or, alternatively, the effect on Y (not its
log) of x_1 and x_2 (both x_1 and x_2 are dummy variables). Is there a
simple way to do this with GLM?

Sincerely,
Tatyana