Re: st: specifying SVYSET in household survey using multi-stage clustered sampling

Subject   Re: st: specifying SVYSET in household survey using multi-stage clustered sampling
Date   Fri, 1 Oct 2010 10:19:39 -0400

Karin,

I found your description confusing. I want to reconstruct the survey
design in terms that I can understand, so I'll start with the basics.
Here's what I think you have done.  Please correct me if I
misunderstand.

1) Your survey area is divided into regions

2) Every region had at least one camp.  You selected all camps into
the study and took a sample of HH from each.

3) In all regions, refugees could also live in "gatherings" outside
camps.   You selected a _sample_ of these gatherings in each region.
Within each selected gathering, you took a sample of HH.

Question: did you also study refugees who lived neither in camps or gatherings?

Question: within HH, did you obtain aggregate information, or
information about each member?

You have stated that one purpose of the study is obtain estimates for
each region. Are these primarily estimates of descriptive statistics
(e.g. proportions?)

Steve

Steven J. Samuels
[email protected]