Re: st: A question about binary outcomes

From   C Engelbrecht <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: A question about binary outcomes
Date   Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:41:47 -0700

Thank you Austin, for your reply. However I'm not sure clogit or
asclogit is appropriate here, because each auction has different set
of bidders, so the alternatives are changing. I checked out clogit and
asclogit, and it seems that you need a pre-specified set of
alternatives, such as presidential candidates, or travel modes.

For instance, (this is a reverse auction, only one winning seller in
each auction)

Auctionid, buyerid, sellerIsChosen(Y),sellerid, sellercharacteristics
1,1,1,1,...,
1,1,0,2,...,
1,1,0,3,...,
1,1,0,4,...,
2,1,1,5,...,
2,1,0,6,...,
3,2,0,12,...,
3,2,0,20,...,

Sorry I wasn't clearer in my initial post and thank you for any
suggestions you can provide.

Thank you!