st: Is Stata inefficient for Matching?

From   Santosh Kumar <santosh.uh@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Is Stata inefficient for Matching?
Date   Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:30:27 -0400

Dear Statalist,

I am using -psmatch2 on stata 11 version. My sample is close to 250000
observations. I ran the following code

 psmatch2 improved, pscore(pscore) outcome(diarr) common caliper(.001)
neighbor(5) trim(5)

The issue is it takes forever to show results. The code is running for
last 24 hours with no output. It is computationally intensive. I
wonder if there is an efficient way to do this in less time.
Sometime, two days pass by without any output. KIndly suggest if you
know how to do it efficiently.

Thanks
--

Santosh