st: tabout and LyX

From   Erik Holmberg <erik.c.holmberg@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: tabout and LyX
Date   Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:13:05 +0200

Dear Statalist members,

I am a new user of LyX and have tried to use tabout to get LaTeX input to LyX. Everything looks fine except that the Swedish letters in the variable labels and their code labels are not correct in the pdf-document that LyX is producing.

I have choosen the Swedish language in the the settings for LyX and the Swedish words I write directly in LyX are correct in the the resulting pdf-document.

In LyX I also have the LaTeX preambles:

\usepackage{tabularx}
\usepackage{pdfpages}
\usepackage{booktabs}

I useh the tabout command in Stata and import the output file to LyX by the include type=input in the meny: Insert/file/Child Document.

The labels are correct in Stata and when I open the tabout output file in an editor they are also correct.

I am using a Macintosh.

Hopefully anyone have experience of this and can help me as the combination Stata - tabout - LyX - pdf-dokument is very nice for good looking and repeatable reports. - At least for the english language.

Erik Holmberg