st: Re: VECM model using vec command

From   wangpan110 <wangpan110@hotmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Re: VECM model using vec command
Date   Sun, 26 Sep 2010 07:12:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Talal, i am new to the ECM as well, can i ask 2 questions, please.

   2- After testing the number of cointegrating relation using "vecrank"
the results shows that I have multiple cointegrating vectors (2).
-- do the -vecrank- and -johans- have the same function in determing the
rank of cointgeration?

3.  the number of lags decided using VAR and lag length criteria before
doing the cointegration test for my VECM model (Lag no.=3)
-- do the -dfuller- and -varlag- have the same function in determing the lag
length?