st: tabout for multiple likert-scale questions

From   Vicki Livingstone <>
Subject   st: tabout for multiple likert-scale questions
Date   Sat, 25 Sep 2010 08:19:38 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

I am running descriptives for a questionnaire that has many questions measured
on the same Likert scale. What I would like to output is a table where
the rows correspond to each question and the columns are the n(%) for
each category of response within the question.

Using the following commands, I can output the results for an individual
gen new=1
tabout new Q1 using table1.xls, replace cell(freq row) format(0 0)
clab(Frequency Percent)

Is there a way of including all Likert questions in the output?

Many thanks in advance,
Vicki Livingstone