st: Matched ID in Kernel Matching (PSMATCH2)

From   Santosh Kumar <>
Subject   st: Matched ID in Kernel Matching (PSMATCH2)
Date   Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:38:56 -0400

Dear listserv,

I want to use propensity score matching to match the treated with the
control. I am using Kernel matching. Instead of getting ATT, I want to
run a logistic regression on the matched sample. I am struggling to
create a matched sample in kernel matching. In nearest neighbor
matching, follwoing syntax will created a matched sample.

psmatch2 xvar, pscore(pvar) outcome(yvar) caliper(.001) noreplace
gen pair = _id if _treated==0
replace pair = _n1 if _treated==1
bysort pair: egen paircount = count(pair)
drop if paircount !=2
save paired, replace

Could anyone help me in creating a matched sample with Kernel Matching?