Re: st: --insheet--reading an excel file where row 1,2 are variable names and labels

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: --insheet--reading an excel file where row 1,2 are variable names and labels
Date   Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:02:06 -0400

I've done something like this in the past:

foreach var of varlist * {
  label variable `var' "`=`var'[2]'"
  rename `var' `=`var'[1]'
}