st: Re: estimate precision in MATA

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Re: estimate precision in MATA
Date   Thu, 23 Sep 2010 08:23:23 -0400

On Sep 23, 2010, at 2:33 AM, Marie-Claire wrote:

> I would like to increase the estimate precision in MATA. So I'm basically looking for the MATA equivalent of the "format" command in Stata. Which command should I use?

All numeric objects in Mata (scalars, vectors, matrices) are of type double. You can't affect the precision with which computations are performed. You can affect, as with -format- in Stata, the number of digits printed:

. mata printf("%20.17f",sqrt(2))

                              An Introduction to Stata Programming  |