st: RE: how to use timestamp of a file (that one is insheeting)

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: how to use timestamp of a file (that one is insheeting)
Date   Tue, 21 Sep 2010 20:29:22 +0100

Expand on

"I would like to use ...": How?

"the same that an -insheet- command imports": What?

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

László Sándor

I would like to use the date and time a file was created in some
analysis. The operating system knows that time, of course. However, I
found no Stata command that would fetch that data for me, nor a way I
could use the command line to get that (though I know I can invoke
that with -shell-).

The file would be the same that an -insheet- command imports in my
code, in case this helps anything.