st: RE: Comparing variables by observation

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Comparing variables by observation
Date   Tue, 21 Sep 2010 20:55:42 +0200

<>

Just show us the code that creates the wrong counts. This code seems to work
reasonably well:

*************
clear*
set obs 20
set seed 3201
foreach var of newlist X1-X3{
	gen `var'=irecode(runiform(), 0,.2,.4,.45,.5,.7,.8,.9,1)
}

cou if 5>= X1 & X1>=X2 & X2 >=X3 & X3 >=4
cou if X1<=3& 5<= X3

HTH
Martin