Re: st: Count multiple observations / weight in Scatter

From   Friedrich Huebler <fhuebler@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Count multiple observations / weight in Scatter
Date   Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:37:02 -0400

Maarten's code generates the data Rainer had asked for but I would
suggest to -collapse- the data instead. A scatter plot of the original
data is inefficient because observations 1 and 3 will be plotted
twice, on top of each other. The information in the variable "id" is
lost at that point so it is not necessary to keep it for the graph.

drop _all
input id x y
1 10 19
2 12 19