Re: st: a loop error of -foreach-

Subject   Re: st: a loop error of -foreach-
Date   Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:18:39 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Fri, 17/9/10, Grace Jessie wrote:
> I encountered a loop problem.
> The commands I edited are as follwows.
>
> foreach j in a b c d {
> foreach i in e f g {
> if `j'==b {
> count
> }
> else {
> su
> }
> }
> }
>
> Sometimes the error was showed "b ambiguous
> abbreviation",sometimes the error was "type mismatch".
> What is wrong?
> In my mind, -foreach lname in- can be followed by
> any_list.

the problem is not with -foreach- but with the commands
inside your loop. Apperently the elements your are looping
over are not always unique variable names and sometimes
they are string variable where numeric variables where
expected or vice versa.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis