RE: st: marginal effects after heckman (Stata11)

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   RE: st: marginal effects after heckman (Stata11)
Date   Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:44:38 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Thu, 16/9/10, Stephani Jens wrote:
> Well even with -version control-, mfx
> is very much slower in Stata11 than it was in Stata10;
> takes about 3 hours instead of 20 minutes (when I am trying
> to replicate some old analysis I made in Stata10).

-version- is not a time machine, so I am not surprised that
that will not have a big effect. With this type of problem it
often helps to rescale the variables so that the sizes of the
parameters are roughly similar. Having said that, -margins-
is the new command for marginal effects, so in the long run
it is probably a good idea to learn that command.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen