Re: st: why i can not test my paramerters?

Subject   Re: st: why i can not test my paramerters?
Date   Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:02:42 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 13/9/10, oliazim <oliazim@yandex.ru> wrote:
> but as i began -coefltest- does not work yet. I will try it
> later once again.
>
> But still why if i enter varlist -testparm- can not find
> them?

Again, you should not use -testparm-, you must use -test-. -testparm-
is just a convenience command that works after some estimation commands,
but not after -gmm-. Instead, you must use -test- and use the full name
of the parameter instead of the variablename. (this is why -testparm- is
convenience, you no longer have to find the name that your estimation
command assigns to your parameters. however, this command is not available
for your problem, so you better forget about its existence.) In order to
find the name of the parameter, you can find the full name of the
parameter by adding the  -coeflegend- in your -gmm- command, which your
example shows works exactly as it should. Finding the name of the
parameter is the only  thing that the -coeflegend- option is supposed to
give you, it will not make -testparm- work, it is only giving you all the
information you need to use -test-.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie