st: not concave Poisson estimation

From   Estrella Gomez <>
Subject   st: not concave Poisson estimation
Date   Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:42:48 +0200

Dear statalist:

I have a panel with 5400 pair of countries and 43 years. I am trying
to estimate a Poisson model but when I assume random effects and

xtreg depvar indepvars i.exporter i.importer i.year, re

Stata keeps iterating the function over the same values during hours
and never converge

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance