st: RE: condivreg/Multicollinearity

From   "Vassilopoulos Achilleas" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: condivreg/Multicollinearity
Date   Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:53:46 +0300

If your dummies are collinear, they will be dropped no matter which model
you employ.
As a result, a simple way to get what you need (not very elegant though) is
to run a -reg- or -probit- or -logit- with all your dummies as independents
and generate a global or local with the names in the coefficient vector i.e.
:

reg DEPENDENT dummy1 dummy2 ..... dummy500

global list : colnames e(b)  or

local list : colnames e(b)

Then you can use this $list or `list' in your subsequent estimations...

Hope this helps,

Achilleas Vassilopoulos

Agricultural University of Athens,
Dept. of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development,
Lab. of Political Economy and European Integration.
Iera Odos 75, 11855, Athens, Greece

Tel: (+30) 210-5294726
Fax: (+30) 2105294786
e-mail : [email protected]