Re: st: RE: Reconstructing the distribution from interval data

Subject   Re: st: RE: Reconstructing the distribution from interval data
Date   Wed, 8 Sep 2010 14:34:24 -0400

David Radwin <[email protected]> & Ronan Conroy:

The ML approach seems preferable; for income data, see e.g.
http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/g/gbgfit.html
and if you assume a family of distributions for #procedures
(Poisson, maybe?), you can estimate those parameters the same way.