st: Fwd: Interview questions for Stata programmer

From   Salah Mahmud <salah.mahmud@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Fwd: Interview questions for Stata programmer
Date   Tue, 7 Sep 2010 20:51:24 -0500

Hi all,

We’re in the process of recruiting for a Stata programmer/analyst
within a large health organization. We have had a very good response
to the job advertisement. In preparation for the interviews, I’m
sending this note to see if anyone in this list has an existing bank
of interview questions that address the technical aspects of
programming and statistical analysis using Stata. Any other tips that
could help us find the right person would be much appreciated.

The job description involves developing scripts to pull data from
large Oracle databases, perform various statistical analyses
(including calculating age-standardized rates etc) and generate
"printer-ready" reports. In addition, they will be required to carry
out ad hoc statistical analyses (eg, fitting GLM to data, survival
analysis etc).

Thanks,