st: using -drop if- with weights

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: using -drop if- with weights
Date   Mon, 6 Sep 2010 09:32:43 +0100

Luis Armando Galvis writes:

I have a question I am stuck with. I need to drop observations that are beyond 3 standard errors from the mean of one of the variables. The problem is that using -drop if- will eliminate observations without taking into account the weights and will eliminate more observations than needed. I cannot expand the dataset to 8 million records because of memory issues. My question is if there is a way to do this procedure in a more manageable way.