re: st: Spaghetti plot citation

From   "Airey, David C" <david.airey@Vanderbilt.Edu>
Subject   re: st: Spaghetti plot citation
Date   Thu, 2 Sep 2010 12:52:36 -0500

.

> Statalisters
>
> I am looking for  a citation for the spaghetti plot?  Neither Diggle et al. (2002) nor Crowder and Hand (1990) refer to these plots by this name although they do discuss them.  Does anyone know who first applied this name to these plots?  Can you recommend a text book or peer reviewed publication on statistical graphics that calls them by this name?
>
> With thanks for any help that you can give me on this question.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Bill

Some citations and interesting stuff here (citation #2):

http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/bit/compintro/bruce/lasagna_newplots.pdf

Here is the lasagna plot paper:

Epidemiology:
September 2010 - Volume 21 - Issue 5 - pp 621-625
doi: 10.1097/EDE.0b013e3181e5b06a
Methods: Commentary