st: estout: flipping and matching models

From   Dominik Becker <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: estout: flipping and matching models
Date   Thu, 2 Sep 2010 13:03:33 +0200

Dear listers,

Suppose, I want to run several regression models with changing
treatments and both with and without a covariate which is the same
across models. Further assume that I want to flip the regression
table, because I will have more models than treatments, and I would
like to display the former in rows rather than in columns:

sysuse auto, clear

regress price weight
estimates store t1a, title("without controls")

regress price weight mpg
estimates store t1b, title("with controls")

regress price length
estimates store t2a, title("without controls")

regress price length mpg
estimates store t2b, title("with controls")

mat list r(coefs)
estout r(coefs, transpose)

How can I achieve that the the coefficients for t1a and t2a, and those
for t1b and t2b are displayed in the same row, respectively? I also
tried:

estout r(coefs, transpose), rename(t2a t1a t2b t1b)

to match the models (as recommended for coefficients on
http://repec.org/bocode/e/estout/advanced.html#advanced008), but
unfortunately, this did not work.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Dominik