st: stata 10 on vista installed with a different serial number with respect to the real one

From   Caterina Astarita <lasta01@students.bbk.ac.uk>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: stata 10 on vista installed with a different serial number with respect to the real one
Date   Wed, 1 Sep 2010 17:33:44 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I have a problem with the installation of STATA 10. I'm trying
to install Stata 10 on Vista and, even if the procedure seems to
work in the sense that Stata runs, it has the wrong serial
number. This imply, I discovered it today, that actually
it does not work properly (for example it drops variable at
random). What I should do in order to run the correct
installation procedure?

Thank you

Caterina