Re: st: choosing between two non nested models

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: choosing between two non nested models
Date   Wed, 01 Sep 2010 07:55:01 -0500

At 05:32 AM 9/1/2010, Michael N. Mitchell wrote:
I wonder if AIC and/or BIC may be of help? You can see

. help estat ic

for more information. I think this is a longshot, but hope it may pay off.

I don't think those stats are legitimate if the observations are different. But I wonder why they are different in the first place? I think you would usually want to be analyzing the same cases if you want to compare two models. It would be easy enough to do a listwise deletion of all cases that have missing data in the two models.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam