Re: st: Test for statistical significance

Subject   Re: st: Test for statistical significance
Date   Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:50:24 -0400

Cornelius Nattey <[email protected]>:

Regress manganese blood levels on a dummy for month equal to November,
clustering by person (or higher level if using clustered survey data,
or if there is other clustering suspected).  You might want to use
-glm- with a log link for your regression, since manganese blood
levels must be nonnegative, especially if they exhibit right skew.
The easy interpretation in the latter regression would be in terms of
a percentage difference, rather than a difference in levels.

webuse nhanes2, clear
egen c=group(strata psu)
ren female nov
qui reg zinc nov [pw=finalwgt], cl(c)
loc d=cond(sign(_b[nov])==1,"higher","lower")
di "`: var lab zinc' is " abs(_b[nov]) " `d' in November"
qui glm zinc nov [pw=finalwgt], link(log) cl(c)
di "`: var lab zinc' is " abs(exp(_b[nov])-1) "% `d' in November"
nlcom exp(_b[nov])-1