st:about the fixed-effects model

From   "Jing Zhou" <>
To   <>
Subject   st:about the fixed-effects model
Date   Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:51:50 +1000

Dear All,

It is suggested that the FE model would not be appropriate to estimate the time-invariant variable, as such variable will be excluded by differencing the values. however, in my FE model, the time-invariant variable does not disappear and may be even significant. could you please advise me why it happens and whether I can trust this result?

Many thanks!