st: RE: r(198) error while using PVAR

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: r(198) error while using PVAR
Date   Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:30:33 +0200

Maybe you are using the "/*" and "*/" delimiters in an interactive session
and not from the do-file editor. This is what happened in this thread:

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Sinan Hastorun
Sent: Montag, 30. August 2010 23:01
Subject: st: r(198) error while using PVAR

Dear Statalist users,

I realize that not everyone uses the pvar program of Dr. Inessa Love, but
any suggestions regarding this error would be greatly appreciated. I
time-demean the variables, then run the helm command to remove the fixed
effects, and finally, try to run PVAR on the transformed variables. However,
I keep getting the following error message:

option / not allowed

What exactly does this mean? Any thoughts on what the problem might be or
what I may be doing wrong? How do I resolve this kind of error?

Thank you,