Re: st: outliers

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: outliers
Date   Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:52:16 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Fri, 27/8/10, wrote:
> So: can I say that mmregress is always better than "regress
> with robust option" and also than "regress without robust
> option"?

No, such statements containing the word always are always wrong
[this statement being the only exception ;) ].

When it comes to outliers you should not look at technology
for the answer, but at knowledge of where those outliers come

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen