st: RE: problem opening files

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: problem opening files
Date   Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:40:55 +0100

That could be the explanation.

This is short on key facts, but the implication seems to be that your colleague is using Stata 10 or 11. The most they can do with official commands that produce .dta is to try using -saveold-. On the other hand, it may be that some command like -outsheet- or -outfile- is good enough for your mutual purposes.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Dimitrije Tišma

I just received a dataset in dta format but Stata 9 does not open in
and reports that the file is "not Stata format" (r 610). Do I have a
too old version of Stata maybe? Thanks a lot!