st: question about spmap

From   Maria Ana Vitorino <>
To   <>
Subject   st: question about spmap
Date   Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:11:08 -0400

Dear StataList users,
I have a question regarding spmap.
If I do
spmap using pt-c, id(id)
then I get a simple map with all the boundaries for the different regions, which is ok. But, as soon as I add some point data (from another file) the boundaries disappear.
For example, when I do:
spmap using pt-c, id(id) point(data("points.dta") xcoord(xcoord) ycoord(ycoord) fcolor(blue) )
only the points show up, not the boundaries for the regions.

How can I have both the boundaries of the regions and the point data?

Thanks for the help,