Re: st: Confirmatory Factor Analysis

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Confirmatory Factor Analysis
Date   Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:54:33 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 25/8/10, Aggie Chidlow wrote:
> I am trying to do a confirmatory factor analysis in Stata9.
> I have downloaded a package developed by Stanislav Kolenikov
> from net describe st0169, from(
> software/sj9-3) .
> However, I can't get a syntax for confa.
> Does anybody know how to get it ? or alternatively can
> somebody help me how to do a confirmatory factor analysis
> in Stata9, please?

A biger problem is that -confa- requires Stata 10, so at the
very least you'll need to go into the program and change the
-version- statement. Whether the program than works as it
should is than your responsibility alone.

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen
Wilhelmstrasse 36