Re: st: about iia.ado

From   Jay Jiayu <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: about iia.ado
Date   Sun, 22 Aug 2010 16:57:55 +0800

Thanks Maarten.
I downloaded this specific program, iia.ado using findit command from:
http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/i .  When I tried to use that
program, I typed in "iia v1 v2 v3 v4, group(v5) code(v6)", where all
the variables include made up numeric values. To be clear, I also made
up string values to replace the numbers inside variable v5 and v6.
Both of the two methods ended up giving me "r(9)" error messages.

In the description of iia.hlp, I found the instruction as following:
iia choice money time comfort, group(respnr) code(means)

So could anyone please tell me how to make it work?
Thank you very much.

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Maarten buis <[email protected]> wrote:
> --- On Sun, 22/8/10, Jay Jiayu wrote:
>> Hey, does anyone know how to use
>> iia.ado?
>
> When asking questions about user written
> programs like -iia- you must specify
> exactly where you got it from. You must
> also say _exactly_ what you typed, not
> just the error message.
>
> All this is explained in the Statalist FAQ:
> <http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html>
>
> Please read it, it is there to help you
> formulate a question that can be answered.
>
> -- Maarten
>
> --------------------------
> Maarten L. Buis
> Institut fuer Soziologie