st: Control over directories when installing Stata 11

From   DE SOUZA Eric <eric.de_souza@coleurope.eu>
Subject   st: Control over directories when installing Stata 11
Date   Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:04:19 +0200

I haven't been able to find this in the manuals or FAQs.

On Monday, an administrator will install Stata 11 on my computer. During the installation is it possible to control where the various directories are installed and to name them.

This is what I have with Stata 10:
 sysdir
   STATA:  C:\Program Files\Stata10\
 UPDATES:  C:\Program Files\Stata10\ado\updates\
    BASE:  C:\Program Files\Stata10\ado\base\
    SITE:  C:\Program Files\Stata10\ado\site\
    PLUS:  c:\ado\plus\
PERSONAL:  c:\ado\personal\
OLDPLACE:  c:\ado\

I would like to avoid creating the PLUS, PERSONAL, OLDPLACE directories directly on the C:\drive.
Is there any disadvantage to creating them in the ¨Program Files\Stata11 directory?

Eric de Souza
College of Europe
Brugge (Bruges)
Belgium