st: nbreg and median estimates

From   "Hardy, Dale S" <Dale.S.Hardy@uth.tmc.edu>
Subject   st: nbreg and median estimates
Date   Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:29:45 -0500

Hi All,

I have a dataset with count data for length-of-stay (days) in hospice care.I am using a poisson regression model with the negative binomial distribution (nbreg command) to correct for overdispersion of zeros in the data. However, the estimates I got are based on the means. How can I obtain estimates based on the median length-of-stay.

Thanks a bunch.

Dale Hardy, PhD