st: RE: -clear matrix- interrupts -esttab-

From   "Kieran McCaul" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: -clear matrix- interrupts -esttab-
Date   Wed, 18 Aug 2010 07:03:28 +0800

You don't need to specify -set mem 4m- the second time, do you?
Once the memory is set, it remains at that level for the rest of the

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Michael
Sent: Wednesday, 18 August 2010 2:10 AM
To: Statalist Statalist
Subject: st: -clear matrix- interrupts -esttab-

Dear Statalist members,
I'm using several propensity score models in sequence, reporting
results in a table compiled by -esttab-.
In Stata9, I could run the do-file structure as shown below.
In Stata11, after running the code below, I receive an error message:
	. set mem 4m
	no; Stata matrices have not been cleared
	(type -clear matrix- to clear Stata matrices)
However, if I insert -clear matrix- prior to reloading the data in
order to run -set mem 4m- (it's a large dataset), then -esttab- will
only return the second model results, and drops the 1st model,
presumably because of -clear matrix-. Is there another way to go about

****** begin code ******
set mem 4m
load mydata.dta
keep if group==1