st: Problem with xtpmg

From   Anirudh Shingal <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Problem with xtpmg
Date   Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:36:45 +0200

Dear All,

I am trying to estimate a dynamic heterogeneous non-stationary panel using the pooled mean group estimator via xtpmg; in my sample N = 14 and T = 26.

However, I am getting the messages

"numerical derivatives are approximate
Flat or discontinuous region encountered" and the log-likelihood is non-concave (even if I suppress the command, full, for getting the regression output for each N)

Why is this happening? What should I do? (I would like the regression output for each N)

Many thanks,