Re: st: Intraclass Correlation for an Independent Variable?

From   Lloyd Dumont <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Intraclass Correlation for an Independent Variable?
Date   Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:22:01 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for your advice on this, Steve.  From a technical/statistical point-of-view, it was very helpful.  I ran -loneway- on the dataset of individual workers.  The F-stat was about 1.24, generating a p-value far greater than I would have wanted in order to please the reviewer--about .24.

Given that, is there anything I can do to make the case for these measures?  Is there a way to "correct for" the heterskedasticity of the estimated means for each plant before collapsing them into a dataset of plant-months?  Off the top of my head, the first thing I thought of was to -collapse- the data using medians as opposed to means.  That way, I could at least be assured that outliars are not influencing each plant's score.  Interestingly, when I did that, the results in the regression of plant-months became a little stronger.

Thank you again.  Lloyd