st: Question regarding GLLAMM

From   Shubhabrata Mukherjee <[email protected]>
To   stata forum <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Question regarding GLLAMM
Date   Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:55:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I want to fit a hierarchical model and was wondering if GLLAMM can be used to
fit the model. My data loos like this:

    I have item responses (polytomous) from almost 12000 'patients'). They
answer 14 questions (I1-I14) where some of the questions
are regarding their doctors and some regarding the clinic as a whole. I have
three variables (characteristics) for patients:
ethnicity (white, black and hispanic), education (dichotomized) and age
(continous) which I want to embed in the model.

  The number of doctors are 400. The data I have is cross-sectional. One patient
is designated to a single doctor only.

   In the next level, the doctors fall under 8 different clinics. Again a doctor
cannot be in more than one clinic.

   So I have this hierarchy: item responses --> patients --> doctors -->
clinics.

   In my case I have 14 response variables instead of one and I have this
hierarchy. Can GLLAMM fit the following model? or will it
be too complicated?

Thanks,

 -Joey