st: Creating variables with values taken from other observations

From   Mark McCann <mark.mccann@qub.ac.uk>
Subject   st: Creating variables with values taken from other observations
Date   Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:53:29 +0100

Apologies for replying out of thread, I'm using the Digested emails so didn't get individual replies. Thank you very much Jeph, your reply was very helpful!

Thanks also for your reply Martin. I couldn't work out how to get the values in the square brackets to refer to a value of a variable that refers to a value elsewhere in the data, rather than an observation number. If you've any other advice on how to do this I'd be very grateful as learning about both methods would be useful.

	Thanks again,
		Mark

Research Statistician
Improving Children's Lives