st: Unsuccessful merger using kountry - Stata edition compatibility issue?

From   Julian Schumacher <>
Subject   st: Unsuccessful merger using kountry - Stata edition compatibility issue?
Date   Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:01:12 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I am trying to use the kountry command written by Rafal Raciborski to merge several cross-country panel data sets with different country codings. I downloaded kountry by using ssc which worked fine. However, applying the command triggered firstly the error message "file c:\ado\plus/k/kountry.dta not found", which was true, so I manually downloaded the file from and saved it into the folder. The second round now led to "file c:\ado\plus/k/kountry.dta not Stata format" which is probably true again, since I cannot open the file at all.

I use Stata 9.2 SE (all updates until today installed), and I reckon that the current kountry.dta might be an updated file through Stata version 11 (apparently there has been a recent update of the web site), which is not compatible. Does anyone still have a version of the file which works on previous Stata editions or a link to some place where it could be downloaded?

Thanks a lot!