st: problem with odbc

From   Valerie Orozco <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: problem with odbc
Date   Mon, 9 Aug 2010 09:13:07 +0000

I would like to import data from several sheets in several Excel files.
I tested the odbc command on one computer and it worked fine (using the "dsn" and "table" options).
Now, I just have tested it on a new computer and it doesn't work, but when typing "odbc list" I see Excel files.
What's the problem?

. odbc list

Data Source Name                   Driver
dBASE Files                        Microsoft Access dBASE Driver (*.dbf, *.ndx
Excel Files                        Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xl
MS Access Database                 Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)

. odbc query "Excel Files"
The ODBC driver reported the following diagnostics
[Microsoft][Gestionnaire de pilotes ODBC] La source de données (DSN) spécifiée présente une incompatibilité
d'architecture entre le pilote et l'application

Thank you for your help.

Valérie OROZCO
Toulouse School of Economics (INRA-GREMAQ)
21, allée de Brienne
F-31000 Toulouse, France

MA 101
+33 5 61 12 85 91