re: st: Fw: Contingency tables etc. in Stata and SPSS

From   "Airey, David C" <[email protected]>
Subject   re: st: Fw: Contingency tables etc. in Stata and SPSS
Date   Sun, 8 Aug 2010 07:29:21 -0500

.

Nice web site.

This is an increasingly common question from users moving from SPSS to Stata.

see the online and PDF help for

tabulate
table
contract
collapse
svy

The third party ssc command "fre" is a nice alternative to tabulate, too.

Beyond that and the sources you mentioned, maybe you can be the one to create the definitive "SPSS to Stata tabulation guide for survey researchers". UNC has some things as does UCLA.

-Dave