st: RE: RE: autofill

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <Peter.Lachenbruch@oregonstate.edu>
Subject   st: RE: RE: autofill
Date   Fri, 6 Aug 2010 13:18:07 -0700

As if we didn't have enough confusion, now we also have a Dr.Martin Weiss as well as Martin Weiss and Maarten Buis.

From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Martin Weiss [martin.weiss1@gmx.de]
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 1:13 PM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: RE: autofill

<>

Try

***********
help recode
***********

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Gars, Jared Evan
Sent: Freitag, 6. August 2010 22:12
To: 'statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu'
Subject: st: autofill

Is there a utility to autofill in missing values in Stata?
Background: Household panel data (2000 hhs). Each household has 6 years so
12000 observs. It includes asset information such as quality of floors in
the household. The reporting on these isn't of the greatest quality so some
households are missing values in between. Is there any way to specify rules
for filling in these values based on the value of the previous year,
following year, etc? Thanks - Jared